- Click this link for the detailed history of the Elgin B.W. Raymond Wrist Chronometer.
- Description- This Lord Elgin is a B.W. Raymond Rail Road Approved Wrist Chronometer. It is also an award watch given to an employee of the Union Rail Road. I have seen many Union Rail Road award watches over the years but never a Raymond model with a Rail Road grade movement and hacking seconds. This is truly a rare find and in near mint condition. Don’t miss out! Click the link above for the great history of the Raymond Wrist Chronometer.
- B.W. Raymond line–
1. A 23-jewel movement.2. The new balance wheel (DuraBalance).3. Unbreakable mainspring (DuraPower).4. Special stainless steel case, indented top, easy to wind.5. Shock proof.6. Water proof.7. Non-magnetic shield around the movement, inside case.8. Non-magnetic steel dial.9. Six adjustments, three of which are to be for position.10. Movement stops when stem pushed out for setting.
- Case- 35.5 mm wide without crown, 42 mm tall, 19mm lug spacing. The case is in near mint condition, all Stainless Steel, #2285, See inscription on case back. Union R R Honors Victor E. Johnson for 35 years of loyal and faithful service May 17, 1958
- Dial-Original, Fantastic! Union Rail Road Logo
- Band- Black Leather silver tone buckle. Hadley Roma
- Crystal– Clear no flaws
- Movement- 23 Jewel Elgin. Grade 780, size 13/0, 23 jewels,hacking seconds, 6 Adjustments!!! This was their absolute best movement available. Serviced, keeping good time and running strong, Winds and sets smoothly, operates properly.